It's fairly easy to travel with your dog as long as you are prepared. Here's what you need to know (and do):
- Make sure your four legged friend is up to date on all vaccinations.
- Most airlines allow you to fill out and upload all necessary forms before you fly.
- Otherwise, print them out and bring them with you.
Most dogs love a small space as it makes them feel safe. Crates are great for road trips but mandatory for train and airplane travel.
- Your dog crate should always be big enough that your dog can sit, stand and lay down in it.
- For plane and train travel your crate must be airline compliant.
- Don't forget to add a comfy mat or blanket and a favorite toy!
- Chances are you will not get separated from your dog but just in case, always put a collar on your dog with you name and number.
- We like a collar with the name and number embroidered directly on the collar as opposed to a tag as tags can get loose and fall off.
- Rules vary depending on the airline so make sure you do your homework.
- Just because your dog is a service dog does NOT mean you can simply arrive at your flight with Fido in tow.
- When you book your ticket, make sure you make a reservation for your dog as well.
- Most airlines only allow a certain amount of dogs in each cabin at a given time.
- If your dog is not a service dog, a fee may be involved.
- Go to the airline's website to find out all pertinent information.
- If your dog is a service dog, carry a copy of his certification papers with you.
- Give your dog lots of bathroom breaks.
- Never leave a dog alone in a hot car.
- Don't forget collapsible bowls for food and water.
- Bring your dog's food. Switching food in a bind can make your dog sick (no fun for you or him).
- Do not feed your dog while in motion.
One of our favorite apps/website is Bring Fido where you can find dog friendly hotels and lots of other helpful info about traveling with your pooch.
Read our new article with more tips & recommendations on how to travel with your pooch!
WHO IS PRIDE+GROOM?
PRIDE+GROOM was born because 4 New York City dog lovers wanted the same level of grooming products for their dogs that they themselves enjoyed. They looked (hard) but nothing was up to snuff. Or sniff. Like so many, we love our families and take pride in our homes, and we consider our pets to be integral parts of those entities. That said, we could not find an effective way to coif them that was on par with the way we tended to our children, our homes, or ourselves. These beloved pets are allowed on the furniture and in our beds, and yet even when fresh from the groomer, we knew they did not smell or feel as good as they could.
With the development of our coat-specific shampoos, conditioner and deodorizing spray, we think we found just the way to say thanks for being the best and the sweetest MVP of the house.
PRIDE+GROOM is the first dog grooming brand launched under a beauty platform, with formulas made in a clean beauty and scent lab. We know beauty is not only skin deep. We did a ton of research to create the entire line. Each product is formulated with its own unique blend of essential oils sourced from around the world.
IN DOG WE TRUST
Shop our entire line: www.prideandgroom.com